Sunday, April 22, 2018

Earth Day, April 22, 2018

post #383
       Busy day today -- starting with time in the woods with my daughter and granddaughter. There are some flowers, but not as many as usual, and the trees feel late as well -- not much greenness yet.  It was a rough cold long winter. It seems to me that the world climate struggles to make the many adjustments that are part of the honest-to-gosh climate changes that are happening.

      A few photos from a day that was supposed to be cloudy (and therefore better for photos) but today was, in the end, pretty sunny. Still, it was a good way to spend Earth Day.
starting out, with the two dogs


a loyal Murry moment, by R. 

T. leading the way

wood betony, yellow, along the path, surrounding a single bluet
       
Actually, there were a lot of fiddle heads (new fern leaves) but we didn't pick any to eat.



There were not many trillium out yet! These are white ones, kind of basic, always lovely.


wild yellow violet
photo by R of a mayapple, with its flower still just a tease in the center

photo by R., happy hikers

A girl's gotta keep up with her recording and notes while out in nature.  Does anyone recognize my college reunion hat? now belonging to a better head size than mine? T. prefers the bow in front.




boots in the creek

I was trying for a photo of her upside down so it might look as if she had lost her top two teeth instead of the bottom two.... I know, crazy of me, and I didn't quite get the look I had in mind. That's what I get for trying to pose a photo!!
           So, another Earth Day has come and gone, and I still can't figure out why it's so hard for some people to accept that climate change is happening and could be less of a mess if we'd all pay attention and take responsibility for our one and only world. Is it really so hard to imagine what could happen if we don't rise to the occasion? Soon? Please, everyone, think about it with an open mind.

2 comments:

  1. I really ike the Starting Pout picture. Will there be museum photos in today's blog? The world awaits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve - thanks! I can't correct typos on comments, but I am thinking you were Liking the starting OUT photo... and I didn't take too many photos during our group visit to the Speed Museum, but I will try to include one or two in this Sunday's post. Glad you asked.

      Delete