Sunday, May 19, 2019

People, instead of places


post #432
      Recently several regular viewers of my blog commented on how they enjoyed seeing photos of people as part of last week's post.  Since I still can't get outside with my camera while my broken left foot continues to heal, I thought I'd take advantage of this time to hunt up more of my people photos to post. Showing them here will happen over a few weeks --  
       At first I wasn't sure how best to group them. I started by scanning through the last five years, mostly, so that's something in common, but many are Appalachian based, others are from trips I have taken to visit friends and family, including grandchildren, and some are purely random. You can find your own explanation for the groupings.
       I enjoy catching a moment, unplanned, and informal, taking my chances. I won't be giving out names, because that is not the point here. Making these photos is my idea of fun, so what I am sharing is what I see as I live day by day, where ever I happen to be. I thank my subjects for their patience with my efforts. I do try to give folks a copy of good photos but I am slow and sometimes disorganized about doing that, so enjoy what you see here. Remember that clicking on one photo will line up all the photos along the bottom of the screen, so that the photos can be viewed in a larger size. As always, if a photo of you shows up and you are not happy about that, just let me know so I can remove it. Easily done. 
        So, onward:


a boy in a truck with his dad, in Lexington, KY

while at a rally in Frankfort, KY, against mountaintop removal mining

neighbors visiting neighbors


Thanks, Bonnie, for helping me out last week!



 4H Fair:




cousins, taken a few years ago





being at the cemetery for his great grandmother's burial


While at a festival in Sandy Hook, KY, these three couples, on motorcycles, allowed me to film them, and they set themselves up just like this. Later I was able to figure out who one of them was, so I could give them a copy of the photo. It turns out they are extended family members.  Let's hear it for small towns!

No comments:

Post a Comment