Sunday, March 30, 2014

milkweed tell-all, all told, part 5 of 5

post #183
      I have needed these five weeks to complete my milkweed exploration.  However, I suspect I will be finishing just in time to catch the early and late spring part of the milkweed story, since I didn't start this project until June 23rd last year.  Fear not, my plan is to give the blog a milkweed break until I discover all that I hope to see and learn this April, May and June.
        Actually, when I made the photos for Counting on the Woods, I had to find five nests. That was in 1997.  It is now 2014. I still look for nests.  What can I say.  Will I ever learn to quit doing it?
      
10/22/14


10/24/14, location #3


This looks to me like the inner workings of these pods are now finished being useful.


10/26/14, after an overnight frost



near the milkweed, a view that struck me as interesting...


11/26/14


windy day (11/6/14), beauty within


11/10/14


location #2, along our driveway




location #3 (see previous photo as well)


location #2, in January, resting, after a job well done

No comments:

Post a Comment