Sunday, August 24, 2014

August review, Kentucky to Maine

post #204
         In my very first blog post, almost 4 years ago, I wrote that I hoped this weekly blog would let friends, family, and future fans know that I was at least kicking, even if they didn't get a letter or email from me in a timely fashion.  After the busy summer I have had, I feel especially negligent, so today I am trying to use a few photos to begin sorting through this summer and its comings and goings.  
        I am starting with these finishing days of summer.  While I look forward to the upcoming sustained days of working on my phototgraphy, I also celebrate and appreciate the variety of life and the change of pace I experienced in spades this summer.  So, for now, here is a sampling of words and photos from August, 2014.

1.  TAKING CARE OF THE PLACE, and getting ready for winter (thanks, Frank!):

gathering wood for the wood cook stove, keeping it in the barn until needed


visiting granddaughter's breakfast on the deck, with our barn in the background

cosmos in the garden
 2. FLOWERS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD:


at Sandy's, a red sunflower!

more potos from Bonnie's garden, when I delivered to her prints of the photos I took in July



3. DRIVING TO NEW ENGLAND, with a major delay soon after leaving home:


Redoing a section of route 7 - looking ahead

looking behind - stopped traffic can be a good opportunity to take a photo
4. FIRST STOP: WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS, seeing our granddaughter again:



the lake near their home, but no one was swimming that chilly morning
5. All of us ON TO MAINE for a cousin reunion:
 
the view from the house where we all gather


deck central, a brief moment of only two talking


older generation, in a renewing energy mode

youngest generation using up energy: two photos of three cousins




early morning in Maine

      Here's to all the teachers and students getting ready to be back at work, and to family we'd drive many miles to be with for a weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment