Sunday, January 21, 2018

England, winter weather, Chipping Campden

post #370
       Yes, the current weather here in England is not for photos, but I have some anyway.  I also have a few more from earlier visits. (See last week's post.) BTW, the English are currently having a lot to say about the American political scene, holding Trump responsible for his own behavior and not seeing the rest of America as being like him.  I've heard some folks talk about being embarrassed by their own political leaders, so they may be more understanding that this just happens sometimes.
       On with photos, however. I will begin with some parings -- a photo from a time before with one I took in the last few days.

hard times, after more years than I can imagine.


two years ago

this Saturday -- I visit with June and Bill every time I come over.

This is a favorite photo that I have used on my notecards. Best hanging baskets in town.

This is the same building, on Friday. It's the Eight Bells pub. I never realized before that the church tower was visible behind it!  Two hooks for plants are visible on either side of the lower window.
 These next four photos were taken from inside the room I stay in when I visit here. There was snow early today, and then it changed to rain. I eventually went out in it, feeling very authentic....
across the street, looking to the right



across the street, looking left



 This bunch of four photos with two from a joint visit here my sister, Cathy, and I made, during our walk on the hills near town.


several years ago, but the same time of year....

I saw in passing yesterday that this butcher is still in business.  I'm sorry not to have the photo I made here many years ago before the EU stopped allowing fresh kills from hanging along the building outside.



And, at the end, two signs in England of the times:


a note card my step-mother really likes, which she received from my sister, Robin, exactly a year ago, right before the looming inauguration, while contemplating life without the steady, intelligent, and decent man, Obama

3 comments:

  1. I love the worn steps, the snow, sheep, and signs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the worn steps, the snow, sheep, and signs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to climb those stone steps just one time. And to walk those hills would be heavenly

    ReplyDelete