Sunday, September 19, 2021

Slight delay, but here's some words and photos, two weeks and a day since the last time...

    I have been out and about -- Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, and Tennessee.   I've seen beautiful flowers, and some hillsides covered with kudsu:



      There were mountains to cross, fabulous back roads, people to answer my questions along the way, an outdoors memorial gathering to celebrate a life well lived and loved, in addition to visits with good friends -- in SW Virginia and SE Kentucky, where I am this day. I continue on to Lexington tomorrow and home I HOPE tomorrow night.  This trip required wearing many masks, and giving reduced hugs, if any, and using safe protocols all along.  Still it reaffirmed that conversations are even more valued than ever, and I sure hope no more unnecessary deaths happen when those who can get a vaccine don't bother to do it.  PLEASE DO IT.

    One special geography event happened while driving through Tennesee -- I crossed over the French Broad [River] six times! I wasn't able to take photos, except when I discovered a no longer used "Boat ramp".

    


I will finish this later tonight - I am about to go for a ride on a KAWASAKI MULE through damp and beautiful Kentucky trails through the forest where I am on this wet weather day.    Be safe everyone. 

the morning room in the Inn where several of us stayed in North Carolina -- warmed coffee cups!


WHAT I AM SEEING WHILE WORKING ON THIS POST.... "Don't even think of using this chair! "

No comments:

Post a Comment