Monday, April 11, 2022

More George Ella, plus our writers group

   This is so exciting -- last night I was NOT able to post anything on my blog, but this morning, here I am! Happy again!  I've been looking forward for two weeks to posting some more George Ella photos, AND to sharing the photos I once made during a meeting of our writers group, which, until the past 4 years, met once a month for over 20 years. 

    Five of us met that day in Louisville, at Marie's home, sitting in a circle.  The light outside was wonderful, which sealed the deal.  I didn't usually take photos of us at work, but that day I could tell that I needed to break a few norms, quietly, without comment or concern.  The first photo here of George Ella is similar to the one in my last post, but now here are some other photos, which could rightly be called the "companion pieces."  

   Please forgive small errors that might appear as I wrestled with these photos off and on all this day!!!  


JAN


LEATHA





MARTHA





 
MARIE











Now a few more GEL photos from over the years:



not slowed down by a bad back day


In Frankfort, KY:  I'm pretty sure this is the day GE became Kentucky's Poet Laureate for two years.


Olson cousins enthralled




Christmas 2021!!  at JAN's
       
 
 
ANN, by Molly Carew

GEL's FAMILY  - two of the seven of them

 
 
WRITER'S GROUP, photo by Jan's husband Bill  -- oh, the stories, the poems, the words!!

seen through Marie's window that March day in LOUISVILLE

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: