Sunday, June 19, 2011

through a fogged-up lens, lightly

post #40
      Last week's post showed early morning light with a barn.  Today I'll share flowers in our yard, taken with a camera brought out of an air-conditioned house.  In June.  After a cool, wet spring.
      Every year I forget there needs to be enough time for the camera to make the transition from house to hot.  I even have an article -- saved but not yet filed so I can't find it -- about best practices for protecting the camera.  A very sensible article.  When and if it surfaces, I will tell more in a later post.  The main thing, in any case, is to remember that fog happens.
      I decided this time to take advantage of the transition by shooting a few photos while I was waiting for clarity.  How bad could it be?  Doesn't it just look like I'm simply relying on some Photoshop filter?  Further, to draw from writing wisdom, which is stranger, truth or fiction?  (Anyway, in any case, I invariably enjoy being curious.)
first fog

slowly clearing




almost dry, almost 3 minutes later than the roses photo




   
     But nothing makes for clarity like using a tripod, at dusk when there is no wind.   I visited these rusty implements of ours recently during the week the daisies were eager and bright.    

      This hay rake is waiting to be removed and sold for scrap.  In the meantime the shapes it has fascinate me.  I find this piece of equipment very picturesque as well as poignant -- an honored way of life going by the wayside.


 
hard worked hay rake






1 comment:

  1. Christina KingsmillAugust 1, 2011 at 7:02 AM

    Ann, I can't believe you were scrapping that beautiful hay rake - how gorgeous it would look in my garden with plants growing through it in summer and encrusted with frost in the winter!

    ReplyDelete