Sunday, September 16, 2012

recent fun with the iPhone

post #103
     A summer catch-up day, before fall's impending start.
  • I am in the process of getting my golden day photo printed in preparation for the exhibit it will be in, sending it out into the world beyond the blog.
  • I am currently attending the SCBWI/Midsouth conference, in Nashville (Society for Children's Books Writers and Illustrators).  One of the members from this region is Ruta Sepetys, who wrote the best selling book Between Shades of Gray (which is not the same as Fifty Shades of Gray) about the Lithuanians put into concentration camps by Stalin.  The topic is grim, but the book is riveting and so well written. Here is my photo yesterday when she received a prize.  I apologize to be showing such a fuzzy photo of someone who is extremely sharp:


       I want to share a few other recent iPhone photos, since it does happen that sometimes that is the only camera I have with me...

Best sign seen this summer....

 

Best barn mural with a turkey, by Tami Booher! (correction made 10/5)



Best unexpected discovery, at the Elliott County Nursing and Rehab Center, a mural painted  by Jo Ann Butts:







Best recent photo of someone taking a photo of a photo....


      This last photo was taken in Lexington, at the Central Library, from an exhibit by five members of the Kentucky Women's Photography Network, documenting the Manchester Street area of the city.  This man had lived in the area for 30 years, and he seemed thrilled to have discovered the exhibit, as was I.  

     I hope everyone can have actual fun sometimes by taking photos!        




No comments:

Post a Comment