Sunday, June 24, 2018

kids will be kids

post #391
            I wanted to do something today to join in the voices speaking out against the inhumane treatment of children we've recently become acutely aware of. Of course this means, by definition, that their trauma is also extremely harmful to their families. 
           Using small children as pawns in some larger immigration debate is wrong. Clearly and despicably wrong. 
           I decided I would simply show some photos I've made over the years, of children, without giving their names or their stories. (I don't actually know the names of some of them myself and the names don't matter for this particular post. I did take each photo, mostly during the past 10 years.)       
          Being a child is never all fun and games, and their needed nurturing can be hard work. But it is what we humans do for each other and for the future of the human race. Kids are learning all the time. Each is a unique person. None of the world's children does well being treated with cruelty or being used as a hostage.



















































I'm ending today with a big splash of grandchildren, in awe of all kids in all places.

2 comments:

  1. O this is great. And now we have to wait two weeks. But it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking a break. Love these last two posts! xo

    ReplyDelete