Sunday, June 10, 2018

Memorial Day at the McDaniel family cemetery

post #390
       FIRST -- a decision I made today about my blog! I'm going to go on summer mode! For a while I will post only every other week! After more than 6 years of doing it every week! I feel like a kid getting away with something, except I really get into working on my blog posts. I still love working with my photos and making a story each week. Now I will see if I can also enjoy doing the other photo tasks that I'm not doing those hours when I work on my posts....

      SECOND -- Memorial Day weekend was two whole weeks ago, so I decided today I should show a few photos I made there. I didn't make many, and wasn't totally happy with the ones I did make, but now that some time has passed, I need to swallow my pride and share at least a few of them in honor of this annual gathering at the McDaniel family cemetery. I am an honorary family member, having known some of them since I first came to the ridge over 50 years ago. One year I should join them but not eat or talk, just take photos. However, as much as I like making photos, that wouldn't be as much fun as the visiting -- and eating.

ARRIVING
EATING

CEMETERY




VISITING




THE VIEW











TRACTOR TRAINING


THE GARDEN, and LEAVING -- until next year

 Thanks to all the McDaniels, as ever, and I hope I have given at least "a flavor" of the occasion.  If anyone doesn't like one of my photos, please feel free to tell me and it can be removed.  In the meantime, enjoy and I'll hope to see you around soon.   And I will be back with another post in two weeks, June 24th!!!!   

1 comment:

  1. Good decision for you, Ann. This is an old time family tradition that my family once participated in; but it was a moving event as various family members where in different plots. We took picnic along when I was a kid, and my parents talked about who this headstone belonged to, how were were related, short family stories, etc. My mother always took peonies.

    ReplyDelete