Sunday, July 14, 2019

Hay, I'm back, with some bales and rows from my neighborhood

post #440
         This spring two facts converged to keep me from one of my very favorite photo opportunities.  For some reason I can't quite explain, I absolutely love making hay with my photos -- or rather, making photos of the hay. It is a spring ritual for me, and this year I didn't get to do it. So I promised myself that I would at least post a whole bunch of hay photos from other years.
        The reasons I missed out this year were, of course, that I broke my foot in late April and, in addition, we had so much rain in eastern Kentucky that most of the mowing of the fields was delayed for at least 6 weeks. To top it off, I was away the week the sun finally came out for several days in a row, when everyone then mowed like crazy.
       Anyway, here are some of my photos from recent years.  The first ten images show the same field from varying views, years and perspectives.  I love the variety. 

a


a morning drying out of 'ye olde wings'


golden day




   up close and personal










In the back yard

before the mowing
hay left over, looking baleful.....
a field that didn't get mowed that year

 

May we remember the young children who have been cruelly separated from their families, along our southern border.  This situation is one we should hold our politicians accountable for until the end of time; it is unconscionable. I don't think we should ever forget what these kids have had to and continue to endure.

1 comment: