Sunday, July 7, 2019

Home again

post #439
            Well, I am almost home, but I wanted to be sure to send out this post before the day is done. I have been driving in the central time zone -- where it seems very flat compared to my sweet hills and mountains. 
            Today I am just sharing a few recent photos, some by friends. I still can't risk doing my usual "Forget all else while making a photo" bit since my healing foot still needs some TLC to get back to where it used to be. It felt very strange to be in a new place for 6 days and do hardly any photos. We were on a college campus and a TRAIN runs through it. Daily!! Slowly!! How cool is that!  (I do realize not everyone loves trains like I do.)

           However, I'm ready to move on from "no new photos".  For now, though, here are the few images from my recent adventures. The first four are from my overnight, en route, with Amy, my college roommate in our junior year. It was a rare visit, and I'm so glad I could do it.  I loved the mug with my beautiful breakfast, and then there are her two cats who checked me out pretty carefully, Such wonderful tall trees are along her street (an old neighborhood in St. Louis) and her flowers are behind the house. Amy keeps up with so much, including her job - she is the choral director of the St. Louis Orchestra!
















        The next morning in St. Louis I rendez-vous-ed with a young woman from Bolivia who was also headed to the conference.  Vanessa was wonderful company, and she even took some photos of the flooded Mississippi river as we drove 5 hours north to Iowa.  This is one of her photos.  Beside the fact that there was nowhere to pull over to make a photo, we were trying to get to the conference with time for a meal before the evening start of the conference. So I drove, and she caught the image as I kept moving along.  (We also had to pass up an opportunity to explore Hannibel, MO and all the Mark Twain stories -- and tourists -- there.) I can share more of Vanessa's story at a later time.


       This is really practically the only photo I made at the conference, made during my walk to breakfast!  I enjoyed an air conditioned dorm room, but I did meet many of the folks tenting outside during our week, at least the ones who shared our restroom.

          I may add a photo later, and comments from the workshop I was part of, but in the meantime, thanks as always for taking a look on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment