Sunday, December 15, 2019

Christmas -- from the last several years

post #469
           I'm back again to do this post, after attending a wonderful concert this afternoon, an hour of Handel's Messiah, in Morehead. It was lovely, lovely, lovely. 
         I've decided the best thing I want to do for this time of year is to share some Christmas photos over the years -- not too thorough a review, but I hope some of the moments are of interest.
       
      IN DENVER, several years ago, but it was Thanksgiving when I took these first two photos, trying to get one they could use on their holiday card:



finally an acceptable photo -- in their yard


 



     And here's another Denver Christmas, with thanks for the share via Instagram:




 my neighbor/friend Sandy's annual decor, two different years:

my neighbor/friend Sandy's annual decor, two different years


Next, an earlier Christmas, in Kentucky, with T. making like a tree....



super chef J!

I guess J. must have taken this photo.... with Nik and Hannah in Kentucky. If I remember correctly, I didn't have the camera set exactly correctly at the time. Sorry!


This next photo was a Christmas gift I once gave to Nik when the whole family lived in Massachusetts. It still makes me laugh. 



Back to Denver, a year or two later -- the annual cookie baking:





cookies aren't the only sweets at Christmas

last year, favorite photo, in Denver
 
I've had this photo on the blog before, but I do love how it turned out. I had just been experimenting.
      

       I'll be in Kentucky for Christmas this year, and I hope to get a few more usable photos.  Also I might add some older photos to this post. (Note: I'll now be skipping next week for this blog, and then return to every Sunday in the new year.)

       My best wishes to everyone, and this includes the presidential impeachment efforts that are being made very sincerely, out of sad necessity.  However, whatever it takes to get Climate Change back on the urgent list works for me.  I will never understand the reluctance to undertake every possible measure to protect our planet as much as possible from over heating.  Please, people, grow up and take responsibility for our futures. Consider the consequences of the ignorant alternatives! And may we all treasure time this season with those we are grateful to have in our lives.

1 comment: