Sunday, December 1, 2019

Delay is done, some Colorado photos instead!

post #468
       Monday morning. I'm still on my Thanksgiving trip, in Denver, Colorado.  I fly back to Kentucky tomorrow. I think I will miss all the week's air traffic snarls across America! I didn't plan lucking out with my plans, but I'm sure happy it's breaking that way for me. 
        Well, here goes. I'm the grandma who went over the river and through the woods to get to this house where family live...

1. grandparents day at the school:
 
"Mine" is third from the right -- third graders


2. Denver art museum, Monet exhibit:



       Some of his words were projected on a screen. I  loved how close his words about painting are the same ones I would use for photography.



The next painting is not Monet, obviously, but I'm glad I discovered this corner with a quiet bench -- after the rooms full of people who, like me, had managed to get a ticket to the Monet exhibit (thank you, family.)


3. The whole morning SWIM MEET, next day (a Saturday). Both kids were involved.



4. learning about my new camera, with some help from a Kentucky photographer friend now living in Denver...

This is his way of trying out the double photo feature..... His whole approach was playful and so very helpful.
 5. Using the new camera:

Wednesday morning

lots and lots of snow, in Denver

same table when we returned to Denver!  still like this today!
     4. We were in the mountains for three days over Thanksgiving, with LESS snow than we left behind in Denver.



my footprints next to something else's prints...




my son, running up the slope, me walking down the slope...


My daughter-in-law starts a new job today, as the Executive Director of the Colorado Outward Bound School, and she asked me to take some possible PR photos.  There's nothing like HAVING to use a new camera to help learn HOW to use one!! Thank you, Lauren, and congratulations with your new position!!

 5. the way home, Friday night, photo by cell phone....



      I hope everyone has had a good week. I am grateful for so many things, and the fun I have doing this blog is one of those. 

1 comment: