Sunday, June 7, 2020

some fun in these very hard times

post #493
          I'm so aware that our nation, and perhaps the world, is in a particular time of transition -- which rightly implies upheavals, routing out systemic evils, and even guaranteeing  the very air we breathe and depend upon. It makes no sense to hide ourselves away. Rather we should be talking and planning and risking new perspectives. I say all this not only because I'm thinking about it every day, but also because I want to share some recent photos that have tickled my fancy, as the expression goes. I hope these first rather straight forward six photos provide a moment for sparkle and joy. These are the only photos I made at that time, since this wasn't staged -- I had just arrived for a short socially distant visit. Thank goodness for sun, fun, love and family! 















The sky is so forever interesting.

Then there are trees, also so interesting:
 
redbud tree


on the deck, under the black walnut, a moment in time without some seed or flower or nut falling on us --- and just the blue sky above and the blur of a bird


















The following is the label I have attached to my mailbox:



             The Post Office is just one more thing to keep our eyes on in this time of the constant testing of the strength of our democracy.  Along the way there's so much to be grateful for, including the hard work of postal employees.  My rural mailbox is amazing, and yet it seems we can't take it for granted, which is cruel to contemplate. It's also possible that its essential role in mail-in voting is the target. Here again, at the least, are my thanks for the long hours and the heavy work postal workers do in all kinds of weather. Here also is the hope that more of us can vote safely this year with universal use of the post office. I already have the ballot I sent for.
             Stay safe everyone, VOTE, don't forget the virus but don't let it be the boss. Just outsmart it.  And wear a face mask, especially in crowds. We will all need to be working together for a long while yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment