Sunday, July 19, 2020

living each day in the now, for now

post # 499
          Here's a heat-filled hello from Eastern Kentucky! I hope everyone is healthy, wearing a mask when needed, and able to find a way to stay cool. I feel the week has been so full that I've decided simply to share some recent photos purely for their timely loveliness. Also this is the first week this year that has brought me to tears, which, actually, I appreciated. It felt way overdue. I suspect others have had that same response along this long and lingering path filled with so many "hard to believe it's happening" moments.

It has been a lot cleaner and calmer outside my front door after these Phoebe beauties left the nest this week. You Go, Kids!!  I kind of miss you, but not totally. Stay safe!

 
on the side of Sideway Road, during my evening stroll


sweet peas, from a visit to a friend's porch nearby to trade eggs for empty egg cartons

 
newly mowed fields which are favorites of mine


bale rows from that field


Look for this row of bales in the preceding photo, near where the road ends. I sort of risked my life to take this photo, in a hurry.  I just love hay bales, an every year happiness.


There are two more photos to add, but they are currently playing hard to get.  So I'm giving it a rest for a bit, a cooling down period.... That may be what we need now in our public life? The least we can do is wear our masks and care about those around us. That's a reality most people in the current administration seem determined to deny, to the detriment of all Americans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment