Sunday, August 30, 2020

A lovely end of August

post #506
           After complaining lately about Blogspot's failed revision, I feel I should report that, maybe, the recent effort to revise these blog mechanics has gone in for a redo!! Praise be....  But, in another glitch, now that I am using Mpix for my prints for the note cards I make, it seems they have currently been cyber attacked!  
         This viciousness seems to mirror some of the daily outrageous difficulties in our nation's dealings (or not dealing) with the virus, with our leadership, and with our efforts to confront the systemic racism we absolutely have to acknowledge and overcome.

         So, with all that in mind, I have several phone photos to share, and I hope the system works. There may be progress for the blog, but I'm not willing yet to take on anything complicated.. 
          As for the other stuff, we need to stay clear eyed and vigilant.  And everyone needs to vote.


my sweet pond, and house, and cattails



 OK, this next photo shows the makings of a BLT.  In August I eat a year's worth of tomatoes, because they are so tasty and juicy. Also in August, I eat the only pound of bacon that I eat all year. I have a thing about BLTs. I love them.  Today I finished the bacon. I thought I had finished with the tomatoes as well, because they are grown by my nearby family. THANK YOU. But as I sat outside dripping with mayo and bread and lettuce and bacon to go with my yellow tomato, my dear son-in-law dropped by with several more tomatoes. So now I get to gradually separate from the tomato part of August, while going cold turkey with the bacon. (delicious phrasing there.....) 



Soon after I went for a short walk -- after my early dinner..  Here are a few photos.
 
These are joe-pyes below my house. I have never become used to "owning a tree" or even "owning a showy weed" like the joe-pye.

I get to walk on a narrow paved road that has very little traffic. This was the first caterpillar I didn't step on. 



This is the second caterpillar I didn't step on, even though it was harder to see.

 My parting image tonight comes from the lady's restroom in our wonderful local bookstore, CoffeeTree BOOKS and the Fuzzy Duck Coffee Shop.  What could be better than this to replace "Happy Birthday"!! I wonder if the whole world can't help recognizing these words. I do know that the whole world can always stand a little humor and 20 seconds by Dolly! Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment