Sunday, September 13, 2020

the meadow, the tractor, and the sky

post #507 

            Hello, world, here is a hopeful try for the once again repaired system to upgrade blogger's posts. So far so good. I'm giving it another try.

        I'm writing Sunday evening after a week with wet weather, political revelations, my meadow half mowed, and finishing reading a book.  I wish I could say I have some new things figured out, but that's for all the weeks that follow.  I've even met recently over Zoom with college friends and with my writers group. I feel very privileged.

        However, I'm distressed about the horrible fires in California and the rest of the West, I don't think Trump is any healthier mentally than he ever has been, and then there's the virus.  It's sad that so many people have to get sick before they actually believe how serious the virus can be. Very sad to get sick, very sad to pretend it will just go away. I have been encouraged that now, when I go to our local Kroger store for groceries, everyone is wearing a mask. This is major. Thank you, everyone, for taking one for the team of your neighbors and community.

        OK, some photos to share from the week:




The wind had now started to blow, as shown by the leaves not holding still for the shot..







I call my meadow beautiful, despite its rough, unkept look, but the time had come to cut it all back for the winter, an investment in the future: 





        This last space is reserved for my photo of Amy McGrath in her first campaign, when Joe Biden came down for a rally for her in a small gym. I have had SUCH A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE this evening with the revised blog procedures that I am NOT going to look for that photo too hard right now. Tomorrow instead. Tonight has left me encouraged.  I love doing my blog every Sunday, and I'd hate to have to give it up in frustration.   [LATER: PHOTO IS IN NEXT WEEK'S POST.]

         My motto for the day: believe and hope but consider the science. 

Thanks for wearing a mask.

 

      

 

No comments:

Post a Comment