Sunday, June 27, 2021

two weeks later...

        dear everyone -- Two weeks seems like a long time, but I know it's just a blip. I have been out making hay - not really -- but I do like making hay photos this time of the year.  I can also walk up and down my Sideway Road in the evening, since it's neither too hot nor too cold.  And, so far, not too buggy --  no cicadas to speak of! 

       Since I do have a bunch of recent photos, and one short quiet video, I'll get started.

 

sharing yellow lines -- the field in this photo looks like mine does now

 
field of hay and the moon!


hay rising on the hill

hay getting more seasoned

hay -- with wind

 

 

 

two photos from the swampy area along my road:




pond cattails also growing

Here's a tribute to my namesake, Queen Anne's Lace -- though actually I just happen to like this photo, made with my iPhone when evening was turning into night.



Preston's tractor overnighting at my neighbor's  house


I call this a Kentucky Yucca tree. Ha ha. I have no idea how it stands firm in its bank. 

     And now the video!  I had planned to have two videos, one before the hay was cut and one during, but Preston arrived and got to work while I was at the dentist!  Next year he wants to come earlier, in May, so stay tuned.  

 

 


 

By the way, I don't have any reason to go to the trouble of making a single bale of hay, so I am mainly keeping the field open and "fed" by the decomposing that takes place. The turkeys enjoy it too... and the deer and other animals. I hope this very basic video works its wonder once again.  Enjoy --- and come again in two weeks, on July 11. Maybe I will even have had another video opportunity by then. You even have time by then to go get vaccinated if you aren't already.  Take one for the sake of all.   Ann

 

No comments:

Post a Comment