Sunday, July 11, 2021

Once again it's two more weeks! Summer is a-goin' in -- a hurry

        I stay amazed that light around us changes so much even when we are not paying attention. I think that being aware of light and working with ambient light is one aspect of my creative life that keeps me grounded. It's like checking out the temperature of the water without a narrow purpose. Even the darkening evening sky is part of that constant awareness. As I am writing this, the sky is blue, gray and pink, blended with nuance but without fanfare in the sky over me.

        Today's photos are all recent, and perhaps they seem to be random, but they are the light that I see and respond to. 

        This first photo is along Sideway Road, past where my house is. For some reason unknown to me as yet, the field has not been mowed this year:




the day lilies -- in their prime -- from inside my home

This is the phoebe who, from above the lilies,  monitors my coming and going from the house.


family outing, totally unexpected, as the sharpness (not) of this photo reveals


I do love this photo, which I would label "Barbed wire, new gate, and hay ring." To me there's something about these combined layers that mirrors poetry.


        OK, now two Rebecca photos, one by her and one of her-- the first one PROOF that the rhododendrons bloom this year, down by the waterfalls! (The blossom is showing signs of a recent heavy rain.)




photo by Scott Pryor, waterfall really looking just like it does here

        Now, to end this collection, another 30 second video, of the first curve on my former driveway, after it passes over the cleared area for the pipeline.  Lots of ice storm depris can still be seen. Notice the scarcity of flat surfaces.



        Once again, I really enjoy sharing these photos and stories on this blog.  Two weeks from now will be July 25, and I will have photos from an altogether different place.  

        Also once again, I want to encourage EACH ONE OF US to have a vaccine, FOR THE SAKE OF ALL OF US.    Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment