Monday, October 11, 2010

very dry in our woods

post #2
      During a walk in our woods yesterday, with visiting friends, I was so struck by how dry the ground is that I decided to take a photo of our first waterfall -- we claim three -- to share today. This gives me a chance to include a second image from the same place, taken last spring during wetter times. I remember using my knees as a tripod. After all, one of the reasons for doing this blog is to talk about 1) the importance of Being There and 2) how impossible it is to know what might prove interesting at some point. 
        Ever since last week I have been thinking about a well-known quote from the street photographer Elliott Erwitt: "Photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place.... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

      So more on this next week! Good looking to you all and thanks for visiting, Ann

dry falls




spring falls

No comments:

Post a Comment