Sunday, April 26, 2015

more spring glory in eastern Kentucky

post #239
        Today is redbuds, lilacs, chickweeds, and a pear tree.  Spring here is all about intensity this year, starting late, lots of rain, and an eager world awaiting.

our pond, too full, very muddy from the hillside run-off

redbuds along the road at Forks of the Caney, showing Grayson Lake over-full and even muddier


This is usually the boat launch area, but these fisherpeople are making the most of what shore they can find.

"The one that didn't get away was THIS big!"


Another stop along the road, this time for a tall old pear tree:


I turned to look over the other side of the road from the pear tree: the old building I check every spring

NOT a redbud, but even so beside the road like a redwood would be


two chickweed photos, beside the road to the Laurel Gorge Cultural Heritage Center, where I was delivering two of my framed photos for their spring art show
  
Next some pairs of photos, since as usual I seem to be all about telling stories as I go:

Lilac in the yard, April 14, 2015
Same lilac stem, April 19, 2015



























Now two from another lilac bush in our yard, very tall, seen from the second floor of the house in the first photo, and, in the other view, from below, outside, with a different sky on that same day, April 19, 2015.

I particularly like this photo. Just saying.  And I am going to stop now, more next week!






No comments:

Post a Comment