Sunday, September 4, 2016

And now back in Kentucky! annual 4H show photos!

post #300
      I'm always glad to be at the annual 4H livestock show and sale in Sandy Hook. It is usually too hot for me to stay for both the judging session at 3:30 and the auction at 6. But since it is a crowd who mostly knows me, or at least knows of me, it's totally fun to be taking photos WITH them, and not just as a stranger. I was sorry to miss the first afternoon of the show, which had chickens and rabbits. The next day were the cattle, goats and sheep, as the photos will show. I saw only one pig this year! As usual, I have tried to insert some story into this series of photos.


The 4H symbol: head, heart, hands and health





goat homes away from home


the bleachers and fans
Jayla is a senior in high school. She won several awards this year! Bravo!



Makayla as participant -  my congrats!!


It's wonderful to see the younger generation listening, learning, and showing their animals.




both judge and instructor, and host --

Family support seems always to be an important part of this big effort!






I suspect this toddler will one day also be a part of the 4H program, just like her half-sister. I love this photo.
I may be adding a few more photos soon, but I want to publish this much this afternoon. Enjoy! 


1 comment:

  1. Ann, thanks for the story, too, with the photos. You have a great eye and you certainly make the effort to do your best. xoxo

    ReplyDelete