Sunday, November 19, 2017

beautiful moments by chance

post #361
        I have been busy this week reviewing all the photo notecards I make as I prepare for the Arts and Crafts Holiday Market coming up December 2. This process includes looking through my images so far in 2017. What did I find but some photos made in a favorite place off of Mauk Ridge where I sometimes go to make quick check to see if anything's going on. That's where this summer I found the unexpected discovery of this year's best milkweed plants. 
        At the moment my best way to share that place during another check is on this blog, so today I'm sharing from there today. Reviewing one's work can have its own reward.

the drive in



five photos, showing from left to right, sharing the misty cover







        This "stop by" took only 15 minutes, around 7 p.m., in mid May. There I was, with the quiet, the peace, and the beauty of the evening mist. I must not have had time to stay longer; indeed it was the last week of my photo class. I don't take for granted that I will discover hidden beauty, but I do try to stay open to being available for possibility. These images of mine show as much about Appalachia as those other photos that claim to define this place. 

        For the Americans who read this post, have a safe and loving Thanksgiving. For those who read this in other countries, please know that many, many, many of us here are trying to steady the current turmoil our government is fostering. We are doing this by speaking out, by voting, by persisting, and by renewing our commitments to a caring community that turns away from all the lies and greed driven nastiness. Please hold us in your hearts.



4 comments:

  1. Brava for your perspective and clear eye in all directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really like the first photo. It feels like it wants to move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, Steve. I did take some other photos of that barn, seen on an earlier blog, in May, I think, and, for so simple a building, it does have a lot of artistic impact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, I love all the different slopes as I scroll through the pics. Love them! xo

    ReplyDelete