Sunday, November 5, 2017

annual autumn amazement here in eastern Kentucky

post #359
       This week is the beginning of my 7th year of weekly posts on this blog!! Every year about now I try to talk myself out of taking still more beautiful photos of the leaves and the light this time of year. My effort to say "enough already" is NEVER successful. I just love it all, and I can't keep from making photos. This year there have been more than 14 days when it has been lovely, lovely, lovely!
        O well, here is a sample of this year's fall moments near my Kentucky home. I hope you enjoy them! The road by my house has been recently repaved and is looking very spiffy.



Looking west from the mailbox:

 Looking east from the mailbox:

  On a walk to one of my nearest neighbors:
     Evening view from the barn (see the first photo above):


     The Purnell farm house, with its magnificent tree and steep fields:




     another view along Route 504, still in the Mauk Ridge part:
mistletoe



   and now a few photos from where I lived until a year ago:  
driveway

on the way to the pond

a duck on the pond, first time that one has come to stay



the fall version of a leaf not yet fallen, from a yellow-poplar

        Of course I feel the same love about spring: all those wildflowers, buds on trees, so much new life emerging.  Every dogwood-gone year! What's a photographer to do except feel lucky to live here!
        A reminder -- click on one photo and they will all line up at the bottom of the screen just waiting to be viewed in a larger format, one by one!! Thanks for visiting with me here in eastern Kentucky.     Ann

2 comments: