Sunday, March 11, 2018

fun with my note cards and their titles, 1 of 4

post #377
            Over all these 6+ years of weekly posts, I realize I have never shared my images in the way I use them on the note cards I sell. I have too many choices, but I enjoy finding each photo, deciding on which color card stock to match it with, and coming up with a title that is short and maybe unexpected. However, if I am working with a flower, I will use its name, if at all possible. In photographing the ten or so photos I'm presenting today I have tried to show them as cards, with the envelope tucked inside the card, and laid out on the post with some informality  -- they are, on purpose, not obediantly lined up. I may end up giving some of the story behind each photo, but not that much today. I used the back of my silver laptop as the display location for making each photo. These are "homemade" and always evolving. And they look better "in person;" please forgive my not having time today for total excellence.
           I work with these images a lot, so they have become my friends as well as my face to the public. I hope there are some in this sample that you will enjoy as well. 

 
frost fence [I risked stopping the car on the road to take this. There's no pull-over space.]



cardinals' walnut tree station


early dogwood


A Bee / Zinnia


corn stalking time [Sandy in her garden]



for coming and going, from home

side door

talking with sheep  (in a field in England)


black and white in color

ear-winking mule


Big Wheel
Well, these are a start. This last image of the rooster is one of my best known photos. It was originally a slide, and I was using a tripod. Evidently this guy liked to stand around and look important, my neighbor told me, and one day he was totally taken out by a hawk. Already some of his tail feathers were "compromised." OK, everyone, watch your back....

4 comments:

  1. These are all so good! And I am amazed how well the pictures-of-pictures work. It's like they ask you in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Steve -- it's fun to do this with my cards, but I couldn't figure out how to do so it didn't show just the image. I'll learn more about all this when I do next Sunday's part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, love your comment, Melva, thanks! I still see that mule behind that same fence, but that day he poised and ready. (He has now been retired for a few years.)

    ReplyDelete