Sunday, April 28, 2019

this year's glorious redbuds

post #429
       Can't help myself. Such a great April for redbuds. Total magic. Usually hard to photograph, but not so hard this year. They have mostly faded away by now -- late April -- but some are staying the course. I didn't grow up in redbud land, so I never take them for granted, despite living here in eastern Kentucky for over 45 years. 
       With so much else going on in our wounded world, it is a happiness, for me, to focus on this gift that April gives us. 

more of this farm, which is also redbud land
Redbuds:




The buds grow directly from the tree.



And there are redbuds other places:

quietly decorating a back road

Of course there are other flowerings going on, 

but this year I'm all about redbuds. This last photo is a favorite, because over the years I've tried to make it work, and this year it finally happened.





No comments:

Post a Comment