Sunday, May 5, 2019

still spring, even though my left foot now is healing a bit of broken bone

post #430
        Ten days ago I didn't get to take a "visit family" trip and still today I didn't get to go to a family 8th birthday celebration nearby, but even so I am lucky. I only have one stop-and-pay- attention injury, to my foot, to deal with, for at least a month. I am not contagious. Just slowed down by a crutch. Learning new skills. Grateful to be in one piece. Still wondering about the meaning of life.
         And I am still watching our democracy either implode or grow stronger in reaction to extreme provocation. Any elected person who can't even say the words "CLIMATE CHANGE" out loud gives me the shivers. What price are we paying for such defective magical thinking. No matter how high or how low, it's too heavy a price.
        So here today are some photos "just because," ones I have taken along the way, from the moments that happen as we are living our lives and trying to be good to our one world.

SPRING 2018:






SPRING 2019:



         






SPRING 2017:







SPRING 2016





          I am grateful for all the help I am getting in response to my current (temporary) period of reduction in mobility. It is definitely humbling to have to avoid weight bearing walking as much as possible. However, I will be well enough on May 21 to go vote, even if it is "just" for statewide offices. As ever, we all need now to "Vote as if your rights depend on it." Which they indeed do.


winter remnants, renewal preparations

































No comments:

Post a Comment