Sunday, September 15, 2019

5th annual memorial ride for Gary Purnell

post #440
         Friends and family continue to do an annual ride to honor Gary who passed away five years ago.  He loved his horses.  Other years the ride has happened in July. Since the weather then is often fairly hot, this year they tried for September. Well, yesterday was the least hot of this current hot spell, but even so it felt like July.  
        I do enjoy making photos when I can for my friends and neighbors on this ridge in eastern Kentucky where we all live. I was there this year for the starting out of the gathering and also I made a few photos while they were on the actual "circle tour" ride. 

The preparations:

Jonathan prepares his horse.


















grandfather and grandson






Gary's grandson, with a sheet cake from home

riding the four wheeler -- I'm sorry not to have the full view because I don't know the specific names of the various kinds of vehicles....




getting ready to set off for a couple of hours, making a slow circle:



Jean, Gary's wife









Jonathan's buddies




on the roads:




         More happened than I can show in the photos, but I hope I have been able to give a flavor of the time and place and the honor and the love.  Thank you all,  Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment