Sunday, September 1, 2019

far from the hurricane but very aware of it

post #438
          Some lovely moments these days with natural light.  I have made some hay photos this past week, near by --- some flowers in the fields, and other such beauties that catch my eye. We have some family members living in Key West, so I am paying attention to this slow moving hurricane which doesn't want to reveal where it plans to go. I hope people affected by the wind and weather can stay sensible and be safe. I think Key West could actually end up being a good place to be in Florida this week. 

recently mowed







I walked over these fields.


today, looking across those two fields that I had walked over two days earlier, before the bales were made, I could still smell the cut hay -- evocative



by the side of the field, thistles!
another unexpected evening sky

two days later, at the bottom of my driveway, watching this truck return for another load of bales from my neighbor's fields




along the edge of the field
          
being met by this two baler, as it was leaving the field to go load them behind the red truck


from my car, as I follow the two bales from behind
I don't happen to know the guys mowing the fields across the road from my house, but I enjoyed watching them work.  The hay was somewhat sparse this year after so much dry weather, but it was still taken care of. It's hard to believe that this means winter will be showing up in a few months.  In between is deer hunting. And lovely leaves. And an election in Kentucky for governor. And this is all for tonight.  No mow for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment