Sunday, October 27, 2019

the week for fall

post #465
          Fall in Appalachia is shorter than in New England, where I lived until I went off to college. This year our part of the world has had a very long dry stretch. I expected the leaves might just drop off before turning colors. Not. We have actually had a real fall over the last few days! Here are some of this year's photos, starting with ones around my little pond:



I was looking for the red-winged blackbird nest(s).

cattails gone to seed early

a cattail still intact

Notice the raindrops....  Time to go protect the camera -- and pass the mustard....

 What follows are a few out and about photos:


The field in the far distance is on my land.

my mailbox, on Sideway Road

on the ridge road


a driveway that does this display every year

not always looking this amazing
 What will tomorrow bring, nearby and for our nation. And actually for the world. I'm grateful to be living in such a beautiful corner. I wish for everyone a welcoming place to call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment