Sunday, November 3, 2019

a sample, never simple, week

post #466
         It occurred to me that a weekly blog needs an occasional tribute to the reality of a week -- with its variety within those days and nights, weather, perhaps some adventures, and surprises, along with nature's ongoing effort keep us afloat and functioning.  So tonight I'm sharing a few photos from this past week -- sort of a regular week if we don't count the upheavals in our nation's capital, or the fires in California and more obfuscations about how the world's climate in changing and affecting us all. 

      In Kentucky we have an important election for Governor, and some other statewide positions, on Tuesday, November 5, in just two days!! May I encourage everyone to vote! There are other states having elections as well. Vote as if your life depends on it, because it always does. 

      Frosts came at the end of this week. This photo was made at Sandy's early in the week:

rain on the windshield at the bottom of the driveway:



Here's a visit to Morehead's Public Library, with a favorite sculpture and a favorite reader.  School that day had included a doctor visit to the classroom, with some real doctoring aids, like mouth covers.....

 This shows the view from inside my front room -- during this week of fall colors:





Mushroom photos -- the close ones are by Jeremey Wright -- they got bigger and bigger each day, right outside their kitchen window.  I think J. had to be on a ladder for the ones he took. Thank you!











wiping HAPPY BIRTHDAY off the deck door window - sadly, no more birthdays until May

view from the deck
End of the week:
          Driving early yesterday to the annual All Kentucky Quaker Gathering, a few counties away, I got a bit lost and did some wandering. I tried not to take photos of the beautiful places along the river, which were shrouded in mist.  For one thing, there was nowhere safe to stop. For another, I wanted to arrive in time.  I finally couldn't help making these last two photos from an open stretch on the road with enough distance in front and in back of the car to be seen.  I was somewhere south of Winchester and Lexington. And the mist had disappeared by then. I look forward to going back there someday.





          Believe it or not, I don't take photos of everything I do or work at, but at the same time I rarely do the same things every day or every week. Obviously the weather changes, etc. and I often marvel at how lovely Kentucky can be.  Enough for tonight. Again, please VOTE if there's an election anywhere nearby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment