Sunday, January 5, 2020

squeezing in some photos from the fall

post #471
         With all the turmoil on our national stage, I decided to give a showing tonight of some photos I missed including on this blog during this past fall.  There's time enough for the new photos in the future. We need to honor the life we have apart from the chaos that our supposed leadership seems determined to foist upon us whether we like it or not. This doesn't mean I plan to be silent about the dangerous state of the world, but for tonight I am choosing to focus in a small way on photography -- which has grounded me for the past 25 years. I hope you, my guest / viewer, can find it within yourself to enjoy this offering, and I hope you also have dreams and beauty that sustain you.

           This is today's transition photo, carrying my concerns, my voice on my car, and my small bid for sanity when I am out and about.
 

           A rose is a rose is a rose


         and a weed is a weed is a weed.



           An eight year old is an eight year old even when she looks like a pretzel!




         Here's another eight year old -- not quite sure what his grandmother is up to.


            This woman graciously let me make her photo while we were both at Jenn's for a hair fix.  She then told me she was 90 --  I appreciate her spunk and her getting a kick out of some stranger asking to take her photo.



           Recently I was making a record of one corner of my in-home gallery, which I still use, even though I'm too far out from town to have many "customers". It's more like my work area in the main room, on the first floor. 





         My friend Sandy had this Gerber Daisy with all sorts of blooms this fall, whereas mine (which appeared outside my door from a mystery source in early May) didn't bloom very much at all. But now I've brought in a potted plant or two for the winter, and mine has decided to bloom, bloom, bloom.  




         
              I saw this as puppy snow sculpture in November, in Colorado. By mistake I left it out of my blog post from there.

     As for this photo, I made it years ago, but now I can't get it to leave its place in my photo library on this laptop!! It is always at the end, often with some 40,000 photos ahead of it.  Weird. I call it "frost fence."  But I do like the photo. Thank goodness.



          I've had fun, once again, putting this together, but I do apologize for the late posting today. I am grateful I have had a self-imposed deadline all these seven years (Sundays) or it would be even later. Stay safe, speak up when you can, and be good to yourself.  All best wishes for a good new year.  Who knows, even the most dense among us might figure out this year that we are having a global climate emergency and need to act NOW  -- Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment