Sunday, May 24, 2020

birds, bushes, and being real

post #491
           The "being real" in today's post's title is just me stating again that this virus event is really happening.  It's really not going away until, at the least, there's a reliable vaccine. Life goes on, but it sounds like there are way too many people across the globe who don't want the sickness and deaths to be true so they are acting like it's not true.They put themselves in danger, and they risk the lives of others. We are not going to sign a peace treaty for this war. We just need to outsmart it and to believe it is something we have never before experienced.
         Why would anyone make up this unexpected horror show! We human beings of all kinds need to LEARN what we can from this cruel chapter in our lives. We must be able to be clever enough to start now to be ready for the next time and the time after that. This week I had a number of viewers in Romania, and in other countries, and I write this for you as well. Welcome!
         I'm going to continue sharing recent photos from this amazing spring -- a sort of a reminder of the need to understand where we are right now so we can head to saner solutions that so far have eluded us. It will help when we can all pull in the same direction.  Let's not fear the truth so much that we don't make it work for us.





  
          pond report:
cattail

blackberry winter, on the pond

the greens are gaining


two more birds through the window --- I try to quit but sometimes I can't help myself:
I finally got the red-winged blackbird being still for a moment!!

red-bellied woodpecker -- with the belly in view!


love those weeds in the rain

road rain

These feed stations are no longer in service, and I think I should call it quits for tonight myself. I do enjoy putting this post together every week.  Stay safe, and may we all be generous enough to wear a mask in crowded places for the sake of whomever is nearby. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment