Sunday, May 10, 2020

outside my window while I sit in my chair

post #489
         I finally gave up my reluctance to bear witness to all the birds drawn to my feeder this year -- so many more than earlier years.  As I've said before, I'm not set up to be a bird photographer, but the purpose here is simply to record what I could of the ones stopping by. They do tell a story even if I don't have time to do all it takes for excellence. I'm happy I can share some of my visitors with readers who can't come here to see them with me.

Cardinal

Chickadee

red breasted woodpecker











Rose-breasted Grosbeaks are so showy!






goldfinch in summer glory

I am guessing this is a FLEDGLING Cardinal?  I only managed to catch this one photo of him.




not sure, because of the center stripe on the head

 
female Rose-breasted Grosbeak?






working on his abs?

This male red-winged blackbird does NOT stay still.  There are more of them this year than usual.

If no one can tell me what this one is, I will take the time to try to figure it out by next week!


         I have to confess that I also use that chair for Zoom sessions, and I was led to combine my Zooming and the bird zoomings. This was possible and necessary because the bird doesn't come when you want it to. It's a case of now or never.  The light has to be right as well, of course.  Rain helps with that when the camera isn't directly in the rain.
          I should add that I am thankful for both the birds and the sessions I have had via Zoom, including the virtual memorial service in New Hampshire for my dear cousin Steve. His was not a virus death, but because of all the virus deaths, we had to gather remotely.  We are all surely aware of all the deaths people face every day.  Again I say how much it helps that our Kentucky governor is determined to limit as many deaths as possible. Please stay safe and wear a mask where there are people nearby, and use common sense.  It's real.

No comments:

Post a Comment