Sunday, November 22, 2020

Hope helps, and witnessing this electorial insanity in the time of a pandemic needs all the hope we can give it.

post #518 
                This week is pretty full, just thinking about Thanksgiving -- and about whether this year's is a one time only happening.  I can tell myself that I hope that's true because it is possible to imagine that a vaccine will provide some cover by a year from now. I also know that improved national leadership will make a huge difference.  January 20 can't come soon enough. 
            Hey, everyone, don't you think it's kind of hopeless to have so many people dying and so much golf being played and so much suffering by essential workers being unrecognized for the absolutely difficult work they are doing?  Admitting the problem and working together to solve it seems a lot more hopeful to me. 
 
            I've chosen just a few photos for today's post which speak to hope for me. I know there are more, but, as I said, it's a busy week. You all stay safe, and love your neighbor --- safely.  
 
 
the almost end, again, of the lavender blossoms, yesterday

a discovery of how a sycamore leaf could use an empty hook in my gallery area! for weeks!



three nearby friends --- two sisters and a cousin  ---- which is which --- all figuring out their lives

                  MaKayla is holding a quilt with a story.  A dear friend of mine, Gerda Wodlinger, whom I met during our two Coast Guard years in Kodiak, Alaska, had become a nurse as a teenager by escaping by train to work in England during World War II.  She was German and Jewish, and the only one in her family to survive.  Near the end of the war she went back to Germany to help with the resettlement.  She took with her this quilt where each block was knit by someone she had worked with while in London.  Gerda passed this quilt on to me, and I have now passed it on to MaKayla. It has always given me perspective about what hardship means and how important it is to hold on to hope. 


                The title of this photo --which I took in West Virginia from a moving train -- is SIDE-TRACKED.  It could also be called THE TRACK NOT TAKEN.  Somehow it speaks to me about always wondering about what the choices mean that we make in life.  Of course it could also mean that it's fun to look out the window on a train to see what you can see!

            Here's hoping  --  I'm saying it one last time -- we don't have to be subjected to this desperate and dangerous election behavior much longer. It makes everyone look very bad, especially the timid Republicans who can't speak up about who has fairly won this amazingly complicated but well executed election. Thanks for reading this blog, staying on track, Ann

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing the quilt you told me about. It's rather lovely!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete