Sunday, February 28, 2021

Now it's rain, rain, rain here in Kentucky

post #528 

        Very wet Sunday greetings to all, from under leaky grey clouds and over the swollen creeks. The electricity around here returned yesterday and the day before, and so I'm now able to be at home after 7 nights moved in with friends a half hour from here!!  I learned how to play Rummy 500 there. (Here's thanks for my beginner's luck!). I also could use my iPhone and have some internet, etc. And how wonderful to break bread together. I'm grateful to have already had my vaccine shots.

        My main political comment for today is that all politicians who can't proclaim that President Biden won the very fair and square 2020 election are in fact treasonous and willing to promote violence within our prized democracy. Most of them know that the voting fraud part is a lie, especially those as politically skilled as my two Kentucky Senators, Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul. I call it rampant cynicism on their part. Simple as that.

        But we now need some "moving on to spring" photos. I grew up in Connecticut, thinking  winter was the best season.  But here spring reigns supreme. It's beautiful and wondrous, especially in the woods. I love, love, love it. 

meadowlark after a shower

tiny frog on the milkweed pod

apple orchard, near Elliottville, which is no longer there

on a bank, bluets (or Quaker Ladies)

along the creek, a favorite perch

dogwood blossoms, near my mailbox



redbuds, thicker than usual

a spring beauty


that special green covering spring brings

redbuds


dwarf iris, nearly the last one in this wooded spot


reliable announcers of spring, day after day


roadside  

            There's so much to see under a spring sky. I wonder what we'll notice this coming spring after the winter we've had. I sure love the natural beauty found in these Appalachian mountains.          May we find solace in how nature rebounds every year even if it's not always everything the same as the year before or after. I hope we can better team up with nature and not just use it up.

        

         

No comments:

Post a Comment