Sunday, March 7, 2021

still catching up

         This is my last chance (I hope) to share winter photos that are part of the SIXTEEN DAYS of ice, then snow, then more ice, that we've had.  Most of that time there was with no phone or no electricity because of the amount of territory covered in order to provide repairs.  I'm so glad our electricity is back, though I remain somewhat wary.  There are still trees and limbs ready to fall over wires. In any case, thanks be for all of the hard work across our region that eventually put us back together again. Now there are horrible floods across southern Kentucky.

         Some photos, not all picture perfect, but when the photographer is iced in, every other warm body is fascinating and picturesque.  When I first met this opossum, he or she was badly wounded with an open wound across the back. It looks like it healed, and I wonder if a white back is natural or simply showing the healed area.



If anyone wonders why I don't have my taxes done yet, they can blame the competition and surmise which I find to be more interesting....


By the way, Cardinals are Kentucky's bird.

It was very cold outside, and I assume the puffed up chest had something to do with that.  I don't have camera equipment to do birds, but I enjoy even this much of their presence.


This downy didn't move for many minutes! Did the rare feel of sunshine captivate him?




This is my favorite bird photo from the storm.


        At last I made it back home. This photo is me showing my friend/hostess, before leaving,  how I had found the most comfortable place in the whole house.  Thank you again, Tom and Molly, for 7 days of TLC.  Sorry I won those early Rummy 500 games.  Very rude of me. And sorry I didn't really get to take over your whole house.  Just a lot of it.  My blog is being contrary tonight, or I would add two photos of you making that delicious naan.

Happiness is kind friends laughing with you.

 Happiness is also seeing electricity repair trucks in every driveway when I am almost home:

 


No comments:

Post a Comment