Sunday, March 28, 2021

SPRING!

      All of a sudden, DAFFODILS!  Finally, this year, I actually went to my three favorite nearby sites to see how each one was faring -- during a single evening.  I felt I was visiting reliable old friends, and now I can introduce them to each other. 

     First were the scattered ones in an overgrown field along my dead end road.  I've always  assumed there once had been a house close by:  

 



 

    Next, the daffodils on the hillside, by the next bigger road we take to town.  I stopped my car in the road, put on my blinkers, since more than one car came through. Despite my camera in plain view, I know they all thought I was having car trouble, and they wanted to offer help. I figured I was safer with the car in view than if it were just my body, with no protection:


The title of this next view is Legacy. The house is long gone, but every year..... the daffodils.




 

        That same afternoon I went to visit with a neighbor and friend who's quite ill. I often have made photos back in where she lives, especially her flowers. I took just a few photos this time.  Her tobacco barn is old, and the front has been removed, but it's so interesting (to me) to see the innards that have been holding the place together for a long time.  As for the driveway, I say thanks, every time, that it's not mine.

 





     To end this post, a sunset photo, which I would not have seen were I not out and about visiting my favorite daffodils:

 


            

 Everyone, stay safe. It's not over yet. We each need to continue to do our part.

No comments:

Post a Comment