Sunday, April 11, 2021

A week away from Appalachia in April

         I am so glad to be with family, no matter where they are, but I do love Appalachia in April.  There are wonders everywhere.  This year, because of weather and that prolonged severe ice storm, things are running a little behind. Since I am not there today anyway, I decided to share some photos from earlier years. 

        

on the way to town last week

last gasp from last year's cattails, beside my small sweet pond

a trillium in bloom, in the woods, near the creek

 

redbuds

abundance

spring leaves near the second waterfalls

 
barn to house, at the home place, photo by Rebecca Wright, 2019
  

    Then, for part two of today's post, there's this week away, leaving Cincinnati for Denver, the photo showing left to right Ohio, the Ohio River, and Kentucky -- if so inclined, see the two ball parks on the Ohio side of the river:








AEO greeted my arrival with a hospitality question, and then she fixed a pitcher of water with sliced limes -- and we got into bubbles and light, and a bit of refraction action.

local humor


She assembled what I said I might like to eat...











Riley: "You made me spend the afternoon getting cleaned up, so I darn well deserve to sit in ANY chair I want to for now!!!


        So, ending with family, wishing for everyone to have a supportive one of whatever kind. Enjoy the spring you have as well, wherever you can find one!


No comments:

Post a Comment