Sunday, April 18, 2021

Chris Garris, photographer

    I'm fortunate to have a young friend, Chris, whose photography I have always admired so much.  He grew up close to where I have lived for the past 45 years. He currently teaches at Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) but he has recently moved up into the mountain range west of Denver.  This year he made some fine images from his new home location. Thanks, Chris, for letting me share them on my blog today.  

    I should add that I was in Denver this past week for a great visit with my son and family. The weather was beautiful the day I wanted to drive out to see Chris. Starting the next day after that , however, he eventually had over a foot of snow! Close call for my being able to visit!  

    BTW, his dear dog is Coleslaw, and the cat is Peanut. These images are from earlier in the season.

 

from inside the house


I suspect this wonderful image must have required a lot of patience!



 THE VIEW:




MOMENTS:





  This last photo shows both playfulness and art --  all while making the best of a momentary hand injury:

    

      Next week it's back to spring in Appalalchia. I hope everyone is able to get the COVID vaccine. I wouldn't have wanted to go on my trip without both of mine.  Please, everyone.

    Chris - if you want to say anything about your photos, please let me know so I can add that to this post or to next week's post.  Thanks for that and for the usual working out of some of my camera questions..!    Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment