Sunday, May 23, 2021

an ever changing neighborhood

          I think our long cool spring has transitioned directly to the full warmth of summer. Fields are ready for the first mowing, and there are a variety of farm procedures in action.  Last night I even followed the setting sun and made some photos with a camera with few frames left --- definitely not my best professional behavior.  Even so, I enjoyed being out and about making photos. However, these first three photos are ones I meant to include two weeks ago.

revisiting a mayapple patch along the road -- I then used the patch I found hiding in the woods to take the up close mayapple photos now that they were in bloom.  I didn't want anyone driving by to wonder what I was looking for -- or hiding -- under the foliage.....
        

 


one blossom per plant

        
         Yesterday I got adventurous and took a back road off of a back road, and it was a bit more precarious than I had expected, with lots of storm damage to navigate as well.  Thank goodness at least there was not any traffic, just several other cows along the bottom of the hill.




 steep flower bank on the other side of the road

last night's evening sky, along Route 504
         


 

And now let's see if I can load up a video of the same views, and watch how my phone did what it could for its last filming before it needed to be recharged.  As usual, I'm so used to working by myself that I forgot to add any voice over or words of wisdom.    Ah, life's sweet challenges....

I return here around 9 pm tonight, and, if the video hasn't reloaded yet, I will try a redo. In the meantime, I went for a short walk in the cool of the day, as the Jean Ritchie song says that sings those words....  with thanks to George Ella for recognizing what I was trying to convey with the quote.







5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The video stuff is still challenging for me, and takes time to upload, etc. so I appreciate your exclamation marks!!!

      Delete
  2. I like the video, how you pan around the hillsides. ah....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the video, how you pan around the hillsides. ah....

    ReplyDelete