Sunday, May 9, 2021

flowers amaze, as does my need to relearn every so often how to do this blog ....

        Long story short, now that my new phone is beginning to make sense to me, I still have to remember how to download photos with it and do a blog.  Life can be like two steps forward and one backwards.  It has been super windy here all day, so at least I haven't been tempted to disappear in the woods somewhere for the day.  I did have some Mothers' Day love and thoughtfulness, during Quaker Meeting this morning, an early afternoon visit and just now in a good long distance phone call. It can be a complicated day,  but this year -- after so much that's hard for everyone  -- I have felt more connected than usual to the wide range of emotions that showed themselves for everybody today. 

        The flowers that amazed me particularly were ones I saw over a week ago, when I was in Lexington (KY). I needed to drop off a book at the home of some friends, and I had no idea it was the time of year for their yearly showy garden display.  It had been raining off and on, but it stopped briefly so I whipped my new phone out of my pocket and made a few photos to share with them.  I felt full of wonder to have happened to be there just by chance and good fortune.

        


 




 

    Another photo group of this week is the tree debris along my fairly narrow dead end road.  A FEMA truck had been through the week before, to finish taking down injured trees.  They are now supposed to return at some point to remove as much of what's lying around as they can.  Who knows when.  Who knows how many miles of roadside there are that need the help.  Anyway, these photos are only a taste of the total job that still needs to be done around here.

 




        The last four photos are just ones I only see because I am always looking.  The first two are on a tree along my driveway. I have never before noticed this moment in the life of this tree! I wilI have time tomorrow to figure out what sort of scrub tree it is. I am stunned.          



 
What is this languid creature? He or she was not bothered by me in the least.

 
 

        Then there is always the unexpected sky, the compex cloud responses, and the wonder of the world we are denying needs our attention even while it showers gifts on us. 

     

1 comment:

  1. I don't know that shrub either. Have you learned what it is? I do love the blue sky & barn!

    ReplyDelete