Monday, August 16, 2021

happy times, mid August, 2021

           During the last two weeks, there have been happy moments along side the heat and the rising COVID illnesses because of not enough vaccines being given and the tragic damage being done by The Big Lie, along with all the other lies.

        Twice I have been surprised by the evening light.  I love its random showing off appearances. 

        I went to an art exhibit I didn't know existed, in the downtown Lexington Public Library, which I didn't know had reopened to the public.  

        We had a week of kids and cousins, not large in number, but an important summer tradition. The weather gave us some limitations this year, but lemonade was made from the hot lemons.   

        Tonight I am just going to put some photos on this blog, and, once again, I hope, at the end, there will be a short video.   

        





 



    

 



I get such a kick out of this bookworm!!!

 













photo by Rebecca Wright

multiple puzzles completed:






















This last photo was made this afternoon in Louisville, for the trip home for the Denver cousins. I drove them there, and since they were unaccompanied minors, I had to wait until the wheels were in the air before I could leave the airport.  This is their plane.... It did leave soon thereafter. I then drove home!  Five hours of driving!! I should be in bed by now instead of postlng all this on my blog, but sometimes I can't help myself.  Here's hoping each of you has had some happy moments this month.





2 comments: