Monday, August 23, 2021

summer sweep up 2021

    Tonight is another attempt to share a sense of things, but there won't be a video segment.  Instead, the reality is that there were many good times this month, but I would also run out of energy.  And it didn't help that the weather stayed warm and there wasn't rain to keep the pond cleaner..  (No hurricane here, such as HENRI, now in New England.  It has taken me back to my childhood which had Long Island Sound as a part of it.)

     I had hoped to have figured out how to transfer photos I use on Instagram to this blog.  I want to share some of the early Instagram photos and the captions I use.  It can be done. It will be done. The only way I learn is to try to do it.  So maybe by two weeks from now, by the next post, I will have figured it out. I share all this "behind the brain" thinking because it's part of what photography brings to my table.

    I hope my family and friends in New England are safe and have electric power tonight, but the odds are against every one of them not losing electricity power.  ( I just hope the Congress doesn't lose its power, while the struggle to guarantee democratic voting continues.  So much is at stake. I also welcome new refugees to our country! In fact, we need them here, just as we needed them in Afghanistan. We are better because we are a nation of immigrants, as has often been said.)   

Photo roaming, from small bits up high and on down, to the floor, with cousins:




laying out your cards


 




the one day we could use the pond:






 then some small moments at the small pond at my house:

            


Be safe, believe in science, wear a mask in school, & Happy Birthday to twins Laura and Leah!,




    

 


1 comment:

  1. Very nice photos. I like how you mute some parts and not others. Cardinal plant. xoxo

    ReplyDelete