Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Appalachian Arts and Crafts Fair, and a tribute to a neighbor

post #219
      Well, last week I said I would post some photos YESTERDAY from the Appalachian Arts and Crafts Fair I was part of, but it wasn't possible to make that work.  The wi-fi there was not reliable, for one thing, and for another it was hard work just keeping up with things.  Like sales.  Like seeing return customers and friends.  Like gauging how hard it was raining outside -- by observing the wetness of people's coats and hats.... 
       So here is the early view of the booth I would be sharing with Jennifer Reis:
FRIDAY afternoon, starting from scratch....


SATURDAY morning, before the 9 a.m. opening.... Jennifer's embellished fabric art pieces are not yet mounted for display.  However, I arrived there later than she did, so my cards and matted photos are not yet ready either.  But I had time for making a photo.... and we were both ready by the 9 a.m. opening!
The view from my corner of our booth -- before the crowds arrived.  Looks peaceful!


      The next two photos are ones I have wanted to use for awhile.  They were made by a very good photographer, the son-in-law of some friends who are also neighbors of ours.  I asked to be able to share the photos because they show a slice of life from this area.  
      However, I just now received a phone call and learned that the man in the photos died this morning, after being so very sick for a few months.  I want to offer these photos now as a tribute to him and to his family, with all my love and my condolences.  I know that the readers of this blog who know him will recognize him, and others don't need to know his name in order to feel for the family.  We all are mortals, and death is as much a part of our lives as is being born.  Our happiness is in loving each other while we can.



God's peace be with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment