Monday, June 19, 2017

barn moments, part 2 of the second visit

post #340
         I have returned from Indiana -- home today after a whole week away -- and now I get to share the rest of the photos from that overcast afternoon in Jonathan's barn.  They are partly a record, partly intriguing, and partly just visually interesting to me. 
         At the same time, I'm eager to see what progress has been made while I've been gone. 


refiguring the posts, one by one




homemade plow handles





lumber to be reused

the new side to replace the weathered side









And nearby is Annie and Jean's root cellar, with over 50 years of use.
   Two final photos for tonight, 1) a view of where some neighbors live, and 2) my granddaughter -- unsolicited -- making like a Minnie Adkins rooster outside the Kentucky Folk Art Center in Morehead, Kentucky.

        Note: When I can, I have decided to add a grandchild photo to every post, as a kind of acknowledgement of the next generation -- for whom we should be making the world better, every day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ann, I love these photos--the barn project--all the little bits of red color with all the browns--the way the focus is different in them. Very nice. And nice idea about grandchild photos!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete