Sunday, June 11, 2017

I can't help myself: more barn photos!

post #339
     This week I went back to the barn build -- with my good camera -- when the light was not full of sun and shadow -- when no one was there (just the two dogs) -- when I could look around and see what I'd see. I will have an equal number of photos next week as well. It was so much fun! A photographer's playground!

The setting, from the curve in the road, with house and hay and the big barn, June 2017

 brand new trusses on the west side -- where the weather had totally worn them down over the years.

gate storage, for later

looking from within hrough to the garden that is beside the barn

more garden growth

Former tobacco sticks are used for a great variety of building tasks,


like garden poles and stashing.


local lumber drying

tall photographer (who is also standing on a block of wood), under barn becoming shorter, to be repurposed for stock instead of tobacco
the porch, and that wonderful maple tree and water for the dogs
 
So then back home, where evening soon arrived and was amazing. 
       Next week, more barn bits, more beauty, and my Sideway Gallery will reopen the following week!
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. i realize looking at these photos that at some point there will come more photos of the completed barn with its tenants. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful. And so much more interesting, as if they needed to be more interesting, when I click on one of the photos and then can look through all the photos in full screen. I forget I can do that sometimes! xoxo

    ReplyDelete