Monday, August 28, 2017

sweet late summer moments

post #350
        Here in northeastern Kentucky, we are cutting the hay fields again, preparing for the annual 4H competition in Sandy Hook, and settling in to schools and a new year at Morehead State University. This means traffic once again in Morehead, but also lots of positive energy.
        I shared the eclipse with my daughter and family. Nice! They had hosted friends overnight who were driving to Nashville from Massachusetts for the event -- with two young kids and a big old dog. 
        I have several recent favorite photos. I'm looking forward to sharing some here, and some in two weeks. (Next week I plan to have photos from the county's 4H event this Thursday.)

       
on the way to my current house from my former house


Every year I am fascinated by hay making patterns -- and the agility of the equipment.



the back of Jean/Jonathan's barn


the new colt

LONG LEGS!!

Jean's been working in the beans.....

one of my favorites -- Jean with loyal friend


eclipse preparations, on the gravel pile, why not

Well, when will this thing really begin!!

PROGRESS

Even Rebecca makes it home from work in time. What a hot day, briefly noticeably though minimally cooled by the moon's passage!

         But my favorite photo of the week came during a peach of a visit Thea and I made in search of some of fresh eggs. Note: when Thea has a haircut, her hair first has to be straightened. But all the curls return after the next swim or hairwash. As for smiles, I'm always gladdened to see both these wonderful ones.

1 comment:

  1. These are great and I think I like the chair in the beans best.

    ReplyDelete